A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge ~ Fowl Of All Kinds ~ The Stamping Chef

Hello Friends,

Life has been a little hectic around the Smith household. The cool air of autumn is currently changing all the leaves here in Georgia very vibrant colors. I love this time of year and this year we have a lot to be thankful for. In the spirit of the Thanksgiving season The Open Minded Crafting Fun challenge this fortnight is "Fowl of all kinds" So get your thinking caps on and create a card using any kind of bird. This image called "Ella Lovely" by The Stampin Chef was just perfect. If you look close you will see Miss Ella looking up at her 'birdie friend' - The bird is actually part of this adorable image but I decided to cut them apart for my card :-)

 I used the sentiment on the background paper and worked my card around it with matching papers. I distressed all the edges with my Tim Holtz distress tool and distress ink.

 Just an angled look to see the dimension of the flowers.

 This cutie is part of the "Ella Lovely" image and I have fussy cut him out and added him to the top of the card. Isn't he adorable?

Here is a close up of just my coloring. I used Copic Markers in the following colors:
E000,E00,E04,E11,E21,R20,R24,R27,R29,G12,G14,G17,BG02,BG05,Y17,100,E13,E15,E35,E37,E59

I want to thank all of our awesome sponsors this week. 






Please consider stopping by their stores in an effort to support these amazing companies. 

2 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous and feminine. Loving the birdie.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable card Melanie! I love your colouring and all those flowers!

    Hugs,
    Hanne, DT sis.

    ReplyDelete