A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Friday, May 15, 2015

Focal Fridays ~ 3 Fun Hexagon Punch Tricks Plus a Surprise!

Hi Friday Followers,

SURPRISE..... Meet My Kitty!!!!

Today I have a special treat I am sharing with all of you. This is Mr. Tuxedo, Or "Tux" for short. He showed up in my cul-de-sac last fall and my dear husband gave him a can of tuna.... Yep you guessed it....He adopted us. With the cold of winter heading our way we decided to give him a forever home. Here he is in all his glory!


As you can see Tux helps me all over the house. In The top left photo he was ready for his dinner meal. His vet put him on a diet when we took him in to be treated for his ear hematoma.  So now each morning and evening he stands next to his serving cup on the counter of our bathroom and speaks to us until we put his serving in the bowl. He has such a personality! In the top right and bottom left photos he was helping me process my AVON order. Finally in the bottom right photo he is perched high in my craft room observing my creative side. 


Here is today's card using Tux as my inspiration. I want to thank Becky Bakely for sharing her Stampin' Up! Back to Black Designer Paper with me. It is a wonderful pack and includes 12 different B&W patterns. I wanted to show off as many of them as I could so I used the Hexagon Hives Thinlit Die along with the Hexagon Embossing Folder and Hexagon Punch to create this card. Check the photos below for some neat techniques for using YOUR Hexagon Punch from Stampin' Up! or Order it by clicking HERE!


Use the punch to make a banner

 

 Or Arrows


  Or even a sweet banner for your sentiment

I love punches because they are so versatile. I am always looking for new fun ways of using them. Check out the world of punches on my website by clicking HERE! 


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

  1. Oh Melanie Tux looks so handsome, it touches my heart to hear the story of you giving him a forever home it is truly such a wonderful thing, he looks very happy and proud to be part of your family. Melanie your cards are beautiful I love the shapes and colours, terrific work.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitty makes me miss our kitty even more - he was also one to go where ever he wanted in the house - we lost him last August and we all still think we see/hear him and look for him to be either out in front when we come home or waiting to get in at the back door! He is SOOOOOOOOO handsome! Your card is wonderful - love all of the fabulous layers and shapes and various designs...fab on black and white!

    ReplyDelete