A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Friday, May 1, 2015

Focal Friday's ~ House Hunting!!!

Hi Friends,

A lot has been going on in my personal life this week so I apoligize for not having a project for you today. I do have some photos to show and I'd like to share my week with all of you.

My family is currently looking at moving so all this past week we have been house hunting. We have always lived with the belief that everything happens for a reason, even if, at the time you do not realize it. Well after 3 days of looking at homes we found the perfect one. As of this morning we are under contract. Here is our FOREVER home!


This Ranch style home has 3 bedrooms 2.5 bath on the main floor and two rooms upstairs with a full bath. A couple weeks ago my husband and I were talking about planting a Japanese Maple tree in our new yard. Low and behold this house already has one near the front door.


While showing the house to our son this afternoon we ran across a couple really neat things... Above is a beautiful dragonfly decoration. Everyone knows how much I love "Winged Things".  I just fell in love with it so had to grab a photo really quick.
 

Above the immediate landscaped backyard there is a wooded area that has a really neat trail through it. My son said it felt like he was camping. I can just see him putting up a tent back there. As we explored the property we ran across this Bowling Ball Garden. We said this had to be a sign, because my husband and both of our son's love to bowl. :-)

I will be back next Friday with a new Focal Friday post. I have it completed I just need to edit it so it is ready to share with you. I'd love to hear from all of you.... Have you ever seen signs that the decision you were making is the right one??? Feel free to post a message below to tell me all about it. 

Melanie

4 comments:

  1. I really like the back yard of that house. My husband and I are giving our holiday home a make over and this inspired us. We have a pine forest behind the house and used some of the fallen pine to cover the ground making it look very similar. Thank you for the inspiration and I look forward to more.

    Margaret @ Boston North Shore Real Estate

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful piece of property. It'll take a lot of work to maintain that much outdoor space, but that's not necessarily a bad thing; at least for me, yard work is pretty relaxing. My wife never has to nag me to do it. What an innovative garden, too! It must have felt so surreal to find that.

    Eddy Clemmons @ No Mortgages Ltd

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie, what a gorgeous home! I know that you will take great pride in owning that beautiful piece of property. I hope that everything goes smoothly during your move. As for me, I find that something always goes wrong. That might be why I haven't moved in ages! I hope it is the home of your dreams.

    Daryl @ NU World Title

    ReplyDelete